How did you find your plane!! Incredible that you actually spotted it from that tiny smudge on a few frames. Great result. You must have searched frame by frame for hours to see that.
Last edited by ommadawn; 02-24-2012 at 11:28 PM.
No, actually we saw it LIVE during the search flight, as the image in video goggles was larger and clearer you were able to recognize a small white X in the forest. It was some distance away on a vast wooded ridgeline, but right next to a path which we followed with the search plane. Was able to retrieve it an hour after the crash.
Have since thought alot about emergency locating aids, but have not come upon anything practical AND efficient...
Kuba, are you still considering selling your power manager board?
I would like to buy 2.
Plz let me know..
I am waiting for a batch of PCB's and will start shipping soon. I still have to figure out 2 things:
Originally Posted by Squawk
1) Sales & payments (I am thinking eBay + paypal)
2) Worldwide inexpensive shipping
I am also considering sending a bigger batch to someone trusted in the US to make deliveries from within the US.
The first batch of power managers (10 or 20, i still haven't decided yet) will have a lowered price until I get some (hopefully positive) feedback from users.
I will post updates (probably pricing) soon.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Just save me 2.. :-)
I live in The Netherlands so that would be shipping within the EU which wouldn't be so expensive..
Plz let me know when u have them!
Hey Kuba, not pressing you or anything.. ;-)
But can you give us an update on the status of when you can will start selling the Power Manager Boards?
Sorry for the delay, I am currently overwhelmed by amount of work that needs to be done before Euro 2012 Football Championship. There are still a few issues I have to solve:
1. Packaging - for now the board is sold as is without any packaging (just simple zip bag).
2. Accesories - most of you will need wires to connect the board with your rvosd and reciever. Such wires need to be custom build for everyone (length, configuration etc).
3. Fuses - Every order will require servo description so that I could solder proper fuses. There should also be spare ones for a replacement if my manager becomes useful (meaning: if servo failure occurs and fuse burns out)
Sorry for the delay and please be patient After all it's been only 2 months, I still have a lot of time to meet Antenna Tracker's delay time :P
1. eye candy, big deal.
2. Have crimpers, will travel
3. Why not have the mini blade (atm-2) fuses like cars use that are user replaceable.
Because they are heavy and unreliable. I will give it a thought.
Originally Posted by Higgy
How about electronic resettable fuses? Self resetting. Simple.
Last edited by ommadawn; 04-28-2012 at 01:53 PM.